It is important for you to read this policy in full to understand what information we hold about you, how we may use it and how you can access, update and delete your personal information.
If you don’t have time to read the whole policy now, here are the main reasons we collect different types of information about our users:
• To provide you with a more personalised experience, such as making property suggestions that are relevant to your search criteria
• To send you details about our services, where you have signed up to receive such marketing communications
Tailor made service
Registering your details with us allows us to send property details of properties we believe will be of interest to you and gives you access to a growing number of benefits, such as being able to save and compare properties that are of interest. Asking for your name means we know how to talk to you. Knowing your address and property status helps us to allocate the most appropriate member of our team to help you with your property needs and your contact details enables us to contact you regarding our services.
In collecting and using your personal information, we will be clear about what we are doing and make sure that you understand the way in which we are using it. Also, we won’t sell your information to anyone.
Controlling your data
If requested, we will delete your personal information securely and swiftly.
We will have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorised access and will only work with third parties necessary to the completion of any services you have either requested to or agreed to.
Compliance with laws and your rights
There are various laws and regulations which apply to data protection and data privacy including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011 (as may be updated or amended from time to time).
Personal information of others
We have spoken to Jupix, our software provider, and they have confirmed that both the software and they as a firm are GDPR compliant. We contact most of the database by email to provide information of new properties to the market. In all cases people have asked to be on the database and to be emailed. Every email that is sent out has an opt out box and people are deleted as soon as they reply.
We still send postal documentation to some clients who have specifically requested this service. In preparation for GDPR we have written to all on the postal database asking them to opt back in if they wish to continue receiving notifications by post. Only those that respond will be added. In the future, all documentation sent will have instructions as to how to opt out of receiving documentation in the future.
Will Nye & Co share my information with anyone else?
- We won’t sell your data to any third party.
- We may disclose your personal information to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- Employees, contractors and agents of Nye & Co may be given access to any personal information collected by Nye & Co but their use shall be limited to performance of their duties. We take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information. Those who have access to your personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposed other than that to the services and products provided by Nye & Co.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our utmost to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent to our Digital Channels; any sending of information is therefore at your own risk.
How long does Nye & Co keep my personal information?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected. We will remove the personal information when requested by you.
If we have not communicated with you for a year we may try and contact you to check whether it is still in use and/or we may delete it.
Access to your information
If you would like to know what personal information we hold about you, you may make a request to Nye & Co for copies of this information. You should be aware that we will need to see proof of identity before processing any such request and will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete information about you on file.
Changes to this policy
How do I contact Nye & Co?